As promised in last week’s blog, this week would be mainly focussing on the lambris and sharing some pictures with you.
I did mention that the progress has been slow and, despite my wish to be able to focus on that and just that, we did a number of other things too. As such, the pictures here are of the current state and even I would have to agree that it doesn’t look like 2 weeks’ worth of solid work, and thankfully it isn’t …
You may recall from my blog a couple of weeks ago that I started the lambris in what will be the games room and I had intended originally to complete this room before starting the storeroom but it has become more mix and match than the original plan and while the games room is more advanced I have also started one wall in storeroom. The windows are the bit that take the longest to complete but, having done a couple, they are now getting quicker.
We have also had our builder back to make the exterior door that you can see fitted. We have gone for a ‘rustic’ style, although not so rustic that the black piece of plastic will remain – we have ordered some glass now we have the size measured!
The other tasks that have taken a little bit of time in the last week was completing the 2D Christmas tree that I made for Hayloft which we have now decorated (well) in advance of our guests arriving for their Christmas break – mainly to see if we thought we should do or get anything else.
I am very pleased with how the tree looks now that it is up – I thought very contemporary but we have been told it looks Scandinavian which suits me as people associate Scandinavia with Christmas and snowy things.
To complete the picture, and having ‘practiced’ on our own poële (wood burner) I refurbished the little burner in Hayloft with a new rope gasket and coat of stove paint which has made it look fabulous and has become much more efficient.
I am afraid that there won’t be a blog for the next couple of weeks (I know – disappointing!!) but I will blog again om 17th December – although don’t expect 3 weeks of lambris progress!