Where to eat during your holidays in Brittany France
Where to eat and ‘In-Gîte’ Dining during your holiday in Brittany France
All of our gîtes are fully-equipped to allow you to produce your own cordon bleu cooking during your holiday in Brittany France. Stable, our chambre d’hôte, has basic catering facilities and is recommended for those who enjoy simple meals or want to take advantage of the many restaurants available in the area.
Stable is generally offered as a chambre d’hôte (bed and breakfast) but can be hired on an accommodation only basis Equally, we can offer breakfast to guests staying in any of the other gîtes if required, with a wide and excellent menu.
Self Catering Holidays in Brittany
We are also aware that even though you are on one of a self-catering holiday in Brittany, there may be days you do not want to drive to a restaurant or cook for yourselves. Therefore, we offer a home-cooked three course supper menu which is available several nights each week. David (chef) changes the menu regularly to use the excellent local, seasonal, produce.
Restaurants (Close to our Gîtes in Brittany)
Au Lac Restaurant
This restaurant is sited in the most picturesque of locations overlooking the beach on the Lac Du Drennec. Mercedes, owner and head chef at this charming eatery offers an excellent menu of fresh, colourful courses often with a south-Asian twist, as well as traditional favourites.
Au Lac Restaurant is just 2km from Kergudon Gîtes and takes less than 5 minutes by car. Alternatively you can take a lovely walk from Saint-Cadou through the forest and along the shore of the lake which will take about 40-50 minutes but is a wonderful way to build up an appetite before enjoying lunch by the lake.
Please check seasonal opening times.
Reservations are recommended. tel: 0298240097
Restaurant Auberge Du Menez
Restaurant Auberge Du Menez – For a real gastronomic treat the restaurant and bar in Saint-Rivoal (just 5 minutes by car) is an wonderful treat. The head chef of this gem and creates beautiful dishes that are a treat for your taste buds and senses. Only a short distance from our gites in Brittany, Auberge Du Menez is a must when it comes to restaurants to visit during your holidays in Brittany France.
Reservations are recommended. tel: 0298813494
Other Local Restaurants, Cafés and Bars
- Café Route du Lin - This is an excellent artisanal café in the closeby hamlet of Brezehant, serving excellent local beer and other drinks along with an organic and vegetarian menu.
- Crêperie De L’Argoat – Just opposite the church in Sizun (7 km from Kergudon) you will find this charming crêperie. The menu extends to steak and various other dishes which are all excellent and there is a weekly Moroccan couscous night.
- Milin Kerroc’h – With its own trout fishing pond, the old mill is a lovely spot just on the edge of Sizun town (7 km from Kergudon) The menu and food is simple but good quality and it is a lovely spot to enjoy lunch or an evening meal. For current opening hours visit their website here: http://www.milinkerroch.com/
- Feel Good – Brasparts (12 minutes by car from Kergudon) is home to this quirky bar-restaurant-pizzeria-grill. We have had some excellent pizza in this place and there is a great atmosphere always. Feel Good is a little further from our gites in Brittany but worth a visit especially if you like good pizza. Have a look or contact them directly here.
- Pub St Hubert – In the centre of Saint-Cadou you will find our French/Irish bar/pub. More of a French bar than pub Cathy (Landlady) serves beer as well as crêpes and a simple bar menu including fish and chips, burgers and sausages.
Additional Restaurants for your holidays in Brittany France
We obviously cannot list all the restaurants around but there are many to choose from during your holidays in France and Brittany boast some of the most amazing produce and chefs. Here are some of our favourite restaurants that are not too far from Kergudon Gîtes in Brittany:
- Le Crabe Marteau in Brest (45 minutes by car) is exceptional and a lot of fun. The menu is limited but 'it does what it says on the tin', fresh crab and a hammer .... entertaining and delicious.
- Le Viaduc in Morlaix (25 minutes by car) serves absolutely gorgeous food and is right in the heart of the medieval town and well worth a visit. Have a look at their website for opening hours and contact details. Restaurant Le Viaduc Morlaix
- Lé Grande Café De La Terrasse in Morlaix has one of the most beautiful interiors harking back to the wealth of Morlaix in its golden age. We would describe this as what Café Rouge and other chains are poor imitations of when trying to replicate a typical French (Parisian?) café. This the real thing. Excellent for both lunch and dinner or just a coffee in the sun. tel: 0298882025
- Les Bains Douches in Morlaix is in fact the old bath houses of Morlaix and is set in the back streets just next to the river. Traditional dishes with taste and ambiance, this is another fun place to try especially in the evenings. Booking is essential as it is always full. For opening hours have a look at their website: Restaurant les Bains Douches
Menu petit déjeuner
Our 'Kergudon Traditional' breakfast is included in the Nightly Tarif for Stable only.
Breakfast is available to anyone staying in our gites and is delivered to your cottage but must be ordered in advance.
Please contact us for the current breakfast menu and prices.
Three Course Supper Menu Example
Our three course supper menu is extremily popular. David perpares all the dishes from locally sourced ingredients. Many of the recipes have been created specially for the local ingredients form the surrounding farms and artisans.
Three Course Supper menu is priced at 75€ for two people and 140€ for four people
Please contact us for the current menu.